[osflash] haXe Beta 1 Release
ncannasse at motion-twin.com
Sat Feb 4 09:47:47 EST 2006
I'm pleased to announce the first Beta release of haXe available now on
haXe is a new programming language that can be used for Flash
Some haXe features that you might like :
* haXe is available for Flash Players 6-7-8. It will support also
Flash 8.5 in the near future, bringing you Flash newest feature without
needing to learn a new language everytime.
* haXe is very conservative about Flash API. You can use all the Flash
API like you were used to do in ActionScript.
* porting your code from AS2 to haXe is very easy, and you should
notice additional performances when running it.
* haXe have automatic Delegate creation. That means that you don’t
need to worry about which context your methods will be executed in.
* haXe has a Flexible Type System. It’s not dynamicly typed since we
want to be able to scale easily and let the compiler do a lot of checks
when we modify the source. It’s not staticly typed either and you don’t
have to type every variable you’re using.
haXe Beta 1 should work very well for Flash development, and will even
improve in the upcoming weeks.
You can visit now the haXe website on http://haxe.org
More information about the osflash