[osflash] Red5 0.5 released!
jojo at struktur.de
Tue Jul 25 09:17:43 EDT 2006
The Red5 Team is proud to announce the release of Red5 0.5.
Major changes to 0.4.1:
- refactored streaming code
- refactored scope services
- refactored rtmp message de-/encoding
- enabled subscopes
- bandwidth control for on-demand streams
- bandwidth control / frame dropping for live streams
- experimental support for serverside streams
- persistence for scopes and shared objects
- remoting client support including RecordSet objects
- scheduling service
- simple "directory-only" applications
- simple web-based interface to access informations about scopes
Also a lot of bugs have been fixed that were reported after 0.5rc1.
The complete changelog can be found in the "doc" directory after the
A windows installer is available at
To reduce the download size for the installer, we omitted the sample
streams. However they can be downloaded during the installation process
by selecting the corresponding option. If you have your own sample
streams, feel free to copy them to "webapps/oflaDemo/streams" after the
installation to access them from the "ofla_demo.swf" example.
A debian package will be available shortly at
A tarball for all other systems is available at
Further informations as well as mirrors for the downloads soon can be
found on the official homepage at http://osflash.org/red5
Please bring any bugs you encounter to our bugtracking system at
If you have questions about using Red5, please subscribe to the mailing
list at http://osflash.org/mailman/listinfo/red5_osflash.org
Known issues / warnings:
- The server side stream code is unstable / experimental.
- Synchronization of live audio / video has improved but still is not
- Memory usage for on-demand streams is rather high as mapped files
are not shared yet.
This release is not designed to be a speed daemon. We have focused on
getting streaming flow sorted. By all means put the server through
its paces and report back to dev list or the tracker.
Expect performance to improve on the way to 1.0.
Thanks to everyone who contributed.
The Red5 Team.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4355 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
Url : http://osflash.org/pipermail/osflash_osflash.org/attachments/20060725/bfde08f0/smime.bin
More information about the osflash