[Papervision3D] Papervision3D 1.5 Released
neoriley at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 00:57:22 EDT 2007
YAY! I think the team is really very excited about this release! for one,
it's the first major set of changes in a long time. And 2, it lays a huge
foundation for what's to come in the very near future.
It's fast and we've been able to see up to and over 40% increase in speed
with the engine in this release. Under the hood, there's been quite a bit
of restructure to not only gain the speed, but to prepare for future
features. The API has not changed at all, and we were able to get the
InteractiveScene stuff merged and optimized as well.
1. Optimized main render loop.
2. Implemented 'plugable' face culler - 1 extra available at this
3. Moved rendering from Face3D to materials, adjusted all current
materials to override drawFace3D().
4. New Materials : BitmapWire, BitmapColor, and CompositeMaterial (add
multiple materials to this one single material).
5. Moved all instances to their respective classes...fixed stars,
vertices and DisplayObject3D to do so.
6. Face normals are implemented.
7. BitmapFileMaterial bug fixed - if used more than once, bitmap was
displayed flat within the model's body.
8. Added progress events to BitmapFileMaterial and Collada objects
9. Integrated InteractiveScene3D to 1.5
10. Added Interactive materials for use with InteractiveScene3D -
makes displayObjects that use an interactive material dispatch mouse events
Thanks for everyone's help on benchmarking and for your patience!
[ JPG ]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Papervision3D