[Red5] Live Video - BW usage peaks when there is no movement in the cam
ignacio.lopez at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 18:56:39 PDT 2009
I was testing somethings today and I came across a ¿strange? issue:
- Live Stream (Audio and Video, low resolution...less than 100Kbps).
- The quality of the cam is set to 0 and the bandwidth is set to some value
- FPS around 10 and KFI interval around 5
- I've seen this happen to red5 and other media servers as well, and I've
seen this happen in commercial products like Adobe Connect (so it's not
likely it's because of my crappy test code, he).
- Local LAN dedicated server, so no hw or bw issues.
The stream goes smoothly and the bw usage goes like expected, but if the
speaker stands still and stop talking (or if you point the webcam to the
wall) the bw starts peaking to almost double the amount it's supposed to.
Has anybody experienced this behavior before?
If I set the bandwidth to 0 and the quality to some value like 80 then the
bw does not peak when there is no movement.
Thanks in advance,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Red5