[swfmill] How to reference an embedded font in AS?
gregor.karl.frey at t-online.de
Thu Sep 29 02:41:30 PDT 2005
what is the right way to declare a font in the swfmill-xml and refer to
it in action script?
My xml looks like the following:
<font id="vera" name="vera" import="Vera.ttf" bold="false"/>
<font id="vera_bold" name="vera" import="VeraBd.ttf"
<clip id="Application" class="Application" />
<clip id="MoveableTextField" class="MoveableTextField" />
Inside my Application class I
- create a TextField by calling the MovieClips "createTextField"
- set the "embedFonts" attribute of the TextField to true
- create a new TextFormat and assign it to the TextField
- assign a string to the text attribute of the TextField
But the running application doesn't show the text. The text fields
1. Is the glyphs atttribute required for the font tag? In my case the
swf-files are bigger if I remove the explicit glyphs. Thus I expect that
without an explicit glyph setting all characters are imported, right?
2. How does the string look like, by which I refer to the imported font?
I tried the following:
- textFormat.font = "vera(Vera.ttf)";
- textFormat.font = "Bitstream Vera Sans";
- textFormat.font = "vera";
The result was always the same, the text was not displayed.
Could anyone please give me an example how embeded fonts are used in
actionscript, or point out, what is wrong with my procedure?
More information about the swfmill